Questions to ask before entering a program:
- What will be the total cost of the degree?
- How much debt will I be taking on?
- What is the interest rate?
- How long will it take me to pay off this debt?
- What will the monthly payments be?
- What are the starting salaries for this career?
High Priority Occupations List
High Priority Occupations (HPO) are occupations that are in demand by employers, have a higher skill needs and most likely provide family sustaining wages. Pennsylvania lists High Priority Occupations by region, York is in the South Central Region. To view Pennsylvaniaa��s HPO list, visit:www.portal.state.pa.us
Research Salary and Job Demand
The data on this site was gathered from the Federal Bureau of Labor Statistics through careeronestop.org. Check out the website for more information about salary information and projected demand for jobs in your interest area. The site is user friendly and geographically specific.
College Affordability and Transparency Center
The U.S. Department of Education website offers a College Affordability and Transparency Center at http://collegecost.ed.gov/. Start here to find information about how much it costs students to attend different colleges, how fast those costs are going up, and information related to why costs are going up.
Links to student loan calculators:
- The College Board
- The Project on Student Debt, An initiative of the Institute for College Access & Success
- Ready for Zero a�� Debt management company with a lot of great free resources
Welcome to iExplore Manufacturing Careers
Wea��ve created a website where you can find out all you need to know to make it big in an exciting manufacturing career. Wea��ve created a series of videos to help you find the career that will put you in control of the newest technologya�� look to you to meet the biggest challengesa�� and put the best pay checks in the pockets of those who make it happen. A career where you can really make ita�� BIG!